Outside the stage area - laptop improv to Nosferatu, playing on the screens in lounge and bar area.
- 20:00 "Blackout Sound Cinema" – Tape over any lights, start complete silence, then drums and bass instruments slow, build up. Followed by Theremin, gtr, kbds, violin etc building up to crescendo of sound.
(liam: cover the projection hatch, remove when you think 7 minutes have passed, go straight into...)
- My snowman is burning down 10 minutes - Carson "Kit" Davidson "Fourteen international awards, including an Academy Award, Nomination and the Special Prize of the Jury, Cannes Intl Festival. Presents a surrealistic and humorous satire on the Madison Avenue image of the world through advertising." Full band, improvise as we go along.
- Introduction to Qubulan night 2 minutes. Ale gives the scenario.
(Liam, the DV tape for this is in the Orchestra's Pigeon Hole. Please play only one section at a time)
- Jodorovsky Clip – Santa Sangre 6 minutes (mexican horror carnival scene) 1989 Alejandro Jodorowsky, "A young man is confined in a mental hospital. Through a flashback we see that he was traumatized as a child, when he and his family were circus performers: he saw his father cut off the arms of his mother, a religious fanatic and leader of the heretical church of Santa Sangre ("Holy Blood"), and then commit suicide. Back in the present, he escapes and rejoins his surviving and armless mother. Against his will, he "becomes her arms" and the two undertake a grisly campaign of murder and revenge."
- To sense and to fancy, Travelogue 9 minutes, 1988
A fast railway and motorcar travel from West-Berlin (which it was one year before the Berlin Wall fell) to the Algarve in Southern Portugal. Joachim Polzer Director. Slow pace. Maybe noisier bits during track.
Total of Part 1: 42 minutes
Intermission - Lea Laptop music accompanying Nosferatu in lounge. 20 minutes
- Part 2 of the cube's documentary film by Morgan Jones 3min
- Special guest: "Old Man" by Jessica Cooke, Animator, 2 minutes total, soundtrack by Reg.
- Dancing girls video collage, to a fast tempo. 6 minutes Andrew, Ewan, Sitar player. Obviously rhythm tracks need to be in harmony with the dance. "Vintage erotic dance video showing a woman named Sheree dancing first in a tiger-print outfit, then in a bikini." and Cherry Knight ("This lady was one of the most successful models and dancers of the 1940s and 1950s, with a national following.")
- How to get a date: low sounds for guy, high sounds for girl. 2minutes?
"A high school senior learns how and where to ask a girl for a date, where to take her for a good time, and how to avoid spending too much money or being bored by commercialized amusements. Director: Ted Peshak. Cameraman: Dale Sharkey. Writers: George Tychsen, Bradford. Editor: Dick Kirschner. Narrator: George Stone."
- Part 3 of the cube's documentary film by Morgan Jones 3min.
- Bomb, rural civil defence marionettes (5mins), dead bodies, bombs, abandoned buildings. Apocalyptic sounds to accompany bombs, more morose for dead bodies, organ sounds etc. 20 minutes total
- Pooches, Dog Show, more upbeat after realities of life. Quite short, around 2 mins max? Marcus: "cheese".
- VJ – James Bragg. 10 minutes?
Total part 2: ~ 50m